Remodeling your kitchen? Looking for a little kitchen refresh? Consider adding (or updating) a tile backsplash. The sky’s the limit for material choices, colors, and patterns. And the easy-wipe-down aspect is a nice bonus.
But where to start?
While we can’t walk you through the endless options of tile varieties online (we can in our showroom!), we can offer a few tips. Take heed and have fun creating your tile masterpiece!
1. Choose a Focal Point. Draw the eye in by creating a focal point around your cooking area (stove) or over the sink. Choose a more expensive, intriguing tile (you know, the one you can’t keep your eye off of) for your focal point, and balance the rest of the wall with a less expensive accent tile in a neutral or monochromatic scheme.
2. Pair Patterns with Solids. Complex or colorful tile arrangements look best with solid countertops, and vice versa. So if you’re hoping for a tile backsplash that makes a dramatic statement, make sure your countertops are a bit tamer in design.
3. Don’t Be Afraid of Angles. Changing the layout of a more standard tile (say, using a subway tile installed at a diagonal angle) is a great way to create a unique, high-end look on an affordable budget.
4. Go For It. While a solid tile is typically serene and safe, if you want some pizazz in your kitchen, this is a great place to fit it in. Whether it’s a solid white backsplash with some sparkle, a black and white combo pattern, or that Italian art-inspired tile you love, this is a small space worthy of big impact.
5. Give It a Try. Take home a tile or two from collections you’re considering and tape them to your wall. Live with them for awhile to get a better sense of your long term feelings.
If you are ready to get started, stop into our showroom to view our extensive collection of tile samples and chat with a designer!
The Cabinet Store + Culina Design in Apple Valley, MN specializes in kitchen remodeling, kitchen layout design, countertops, cabinets, and more! Serving the Twin Cities and beyond. Stop into our amazing showroom today and connect with us about your kitchen remodel project!